Wednesday, September 26, 2007

To 'Dye' For

First I have to say this all came from Heather at http://stampwithheather.typepad.com/stamp_with_heather/
She has some great ideas and totally amazing things on there.
To 'Dye' For
How fun is this.....glitter dying!!! Sometimes I'm a bit hesitant about a new technique or idea but this is SO easy and SO cool!!! Here goes:



Step #1: Gather your supplies. You'll need a little container (eyelet or brad containers work great!!!), a reinker, Dazzling Diamonds glitter and a tooth pick.







Step #2: Put one drop of reinker and 2 drops of water into your container and mix them together.










Step #3: Pour in about 1/2 a teaspoon of Dazzling Diamond glitter into the container. You can either put the lid on and shake or stir it up with a tooth pick. (*TIP* I rubbed my embossing buddy all over the container before I started so the glitter wouldn't completely stick to the sides)

Step #4: After you shake it up add about another teaspoon of glitter to the container and either shake or stir. It is important to get it all mixed in together. Because you are adding moisture ot the glitter it will become 'fluffy'. I left my container open in the sunlight for an afternoon to make it a bit less fluffy (the heat removed some of the moisture).

Now it's time to make your card! Here's how I use glitter on cards:


Step #1: Stamp your image. I used Stazon ink for this image so it wouldn't bleed when I apply the 2 way glue. Colour in the image using the 2 way glue pen whereever you would like the glitter to stick.







Step #2: Sprinkle (okay, if you're like me....pour) the glitter onto the image and shake it around a bit so it all gets covered. Pour extra glitter back into the container.











Step #3: Create your card using your glittered image. Try not to rub the glitter until the glue has completely set.








For this card, Heather used:
Stamp Sets: Warm Words, Bugs and Kisses
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Silver
Have fun making your 48 varieties of glitter!!!

2 comments:

Carol Yost said...

OMG! I absoulutely love it! There is my stamp club project for October. Have I told you today how cool you are? hee hee hee!

The Urban Chic said...

Rita, that looks like fun. I have lots of glitter colors, but you never know when I might need something new. What kind of glue did you use? I have the one from The Art Institute---will that be good? Hugs, Pat